Today in out history class we watch a video abot the Paris Peace Conferece and then answer the questions. I did it with Victoria Landolfo.
1) War guilt.Explain the arguments FOR and AGAINST this term.
2) Which term followed War Guilt? How much would it be today? What consequences/impact did it have on Germany?
3) Why were the victors planning to prevent a future war with Germany in the Treaty?
4) What territorial losses did Germany have to face? What happened to the German colonies? What did Wilson dislike about this?
5) Which new nations were created after WW1?
1) FOR: Germany cause everything, thats why, the war started because of her. AGAINST: There were many other causes that led to War, like the murder in Sarajevo.
2) The term that followed War Guilt were the reparations that Germany, had to pay as she “is the cause of the War”. It would have been $600 billion in modern terms. The impact that had on Germany was an economic consequence, because she have to paid to the countries the resources used in war, so she end up without money. She had money, but not a lot. Also, Germany was humiliated because she had to pay everything, even 10 years later when the people had nothing to do
3) The treaty was signed because they want to prevent War with Germany, because they knew she will grow again and take revenge.
4) Germany, because of The Treaty of Versailles, lost Poland and Alsace-Lorraine. But also German colonies, in Africa, the Pacific and China, were given to the allies. Wilson wasn’t happy with the territorial distribution, that it was just giving it from one Empire to another as opposed to having self-determination.
5) The new nation created after WW1 were: Poland, Austria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia.
Here is the dialogue I did with Benjamin and María. The dialogue is about a conversation with Woodrow Wilson, David Llyod Gorge and Gorges Clemenceau, deciding the punishment on Germany, and also discussing the 14 points of Woodrow Wilson that he made before the First World War.
To hear the dialogues you need to click on the arrows.
Woodrow Wilson: Martina Villafañe Ibarbia
David Llyod Gorge: Benjamin Mayol
Gorges Clemenceau: Maria Roggero
We also had to answer this questions after doing the work.
1)Did you feel you learnt more than if
you had studied this from the book?
2)What did you personally enjoy about the project?
3)What would you change from this project if the class from Senior 1 next year we
1)Yes, I think that that the dialogue helped me to underdstood the three diferent views of the big three.
2) I enjoy the part of making the dialogues.
3) I will change the app we used because in my team we had problems recording.